YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


I decided with a coworker today that if cookies were given away after you vote more people would be inclined to go. Granted, people seem to be pretty pumped about the stickers as well, but hello, cookies are always appreciated. You get a bunch of food after you donate blood, that’s so you don’t pass out, but it’s pretty awesome anyway.

I made Michelle Obama’s cookie recipe from Family Circle that was competing against Ann Romney’s cookie recipe to bring into work today. Michelle's recipe sounded AMAZING. And guess what, it was amazing. It may possibly be my favorite cookie recipe ever. There are mints in it. So, say hello to the cookies I’m probably going to be making for Christmas-type events.

I did embellish on the recipe a bit. I drizzled left over white chocolate on top and put red, white and blue sprinkles on there just so everyone would be aware they were freedom cookies. I was a little worried people would miss out on the joy that is the democratic process if they weren’t blatantly American.

My friend told me, “They are cookies. How much more patriotic can you get than butter-infused carb disks?” Touché.

If you are totally going to explode when the results are announced or if you are currently in the process of booking a ticket to Canada, I guarantee these will calm you down in a way Valium never could. 


I set this little display up. Let me tell you, it put everyone in the office in a better mood about the election.

Mama Kaye's White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon salt
cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
stick Crisco butter-flavored solid vegetable shortening <--I didn't use butter flavored, I just used regular 
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
eggs
cup each white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips (or Andes mint pieces)
cups chopped walnuts <-- I didn't use these

Directions
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. By hand, stir in white and milk chocolate chips, mint chips and walnuts.
3. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Notice how I’m not talking about whom I’m voting for. Do you know why? It’s because no one cares who I’m voting for. They only care because they want me to be voting for the same person. I’d rather not know who you voted for, in case you were wondering. 

Enjoy the cookies though, it's going to be a long night. Also, if your candidate doesn't win, don't berate the entire U.S. because you think they obviously voted wrong. I'm just telling you, you won't make any friends, and people will probably just plot to destroy you. Fair warning, one might be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment